power saving for home appliance
- put off the lights once not in use.
- make the most of daylight by light-colored, loose-weave curtains on your windows to permit daylight to penetrate the room. Also, enhance with lighter colours that reflect daylight
- De-dust lighting to take care of illumination
- Use task lighting; rather than bright lighting a complete area, focus the sunshine wherever you wish it
- Compact fluorescent bulbs are four times more energy efficient than incandescent bulbs and provide the same lighting
- Use electronic chokes in situ of standard copper chokes
Replace standard regulators with electronic regulators for ceiling fans Install exhaust fans at higher elevation than ceiling fans
- Choose iron boxes with automatic temperature cut-off Use acceptable regulator position for ironing don’t place a lot of water on garments
- Kitchen Appliances
Avoid dry grinding in your food processors (mixers and grinders) because it takes longer time than liquid grinding
Consumes 50% less energy than standard electrical / gas stoves
- don’t bake giant food things
- Unless you are baking breads or pastries, you’ll not even preheat
- do not open the kitchen appliance door too usually to see food condition as every gap results in a temperature drop of 25°C
- Turn off electrical stoves many minutes before the required preparation time
- Use flat-bottomed pans that modify contact with the cooking coil
- When cooking on a burner, use moderate flame settings to conserve LPG
- Remember that a blue flame means that your range is working with efficiency
- Yellowish flame is associate indicator that the burner needs cleaning
- Use pressure cookers as much as possible
- Use lids to hide the pans whereas preparation
- Bring things taken out of refrigerators (like vegetables, milk etc) to temperature before putting on the range for heating
Use solar water heater – a decent replacement for a electrical hot-water heater
Do not switch on the power when TV and Audio Systems are not in use i.e. idle operation leads to an energy loss of 10 watts/device
- put off your central office instrumentation once not in use. A laptop that runs 24 hours on a daily basis, as an example, uses – a lot of power than associate energy-efficient white goods.
- If your laptop should be left on, put off the monitor; this device alone uses over the system’s energy.
- Setting computers, monitors, and copiers to use sleep-mode once not in use helps cut energy costs by approximately 40%.
- Battery chargers, like those for laptops, cell phones and digital cameras, draw power whenever they are plugged in and are very inefficient.
- Pull the plug and save. Screen savers save laptop screens, not energy. Start-ups and shutdowns don’t use any further energy, nor square measure they onerous on your laptop parts. In fact, move computers down once you square measure finished using them actually reduces system wear – and saves energy
- Regularly defrost manual-defrost refrigerators and freezers; frost buildup increases the amount of energy needed to keep the motor running
- Leave enough house between your white goods and also the walls so air will simply flow into round the the refrigerator
- do not keep your white goods or fridge too cold.
- Make sure your refrigerator door seals are airtight
- cowl liquids and wrap foods keep within the refrigerator
- Uncovered foods unharness wet and build the compressor work harder.
- don’t open the doors of the refrigerators frequently
- do not leave the refrigerator door open for extended than necessary, as cold air can escape.
- Use smaller cupboards for storing oft used things
- Avoid putt hot or heat food straight into the refrigerator
- Always wash only with full loads
- Use best amount of water Use timer facility to save lots of energy
- Use the proper quantity of detergent
- Use hot water only for very dirty clothes
- Always use cold water in the rinse cycle
- like natural drying over electrical dryers
- Air Conditioners
- like cooling systems having automatic temperature discontinue
- Keep regulators at “low cool” position
- Operate the ceiling fan in conjunction together with your window cooling system to unfold the cooled air a lot of effectively throughout and operate the cooling system at higher temperature
- Seal the doors and windows properly
- Leave enough space between your air conditioner and also the walls to permit higher air circulation
- A garden will cut back the load on cooling system
- Use windows with sun films/curtains
- Set your thermostat as high as well attainable within the summer. The less distinction between the indoor and out of doors temperatures, the lower are going to be energy consumption.
- Don’t set your thermostat at a colder setting than normal when you turn on your air conditioner. It will not cool your home any faster and could result in excessive cooling
- do not place lamps or TV sets close to your air-conditioning thermostat. The thermostat senses heat from these appliances, which may cause the cooling system to run longer than necessary.
- Plant trees or shrubs to shade air-conditioning units however to not block the flow. A unit operating in the shade uses as much as 10% less electricity than the same one operating in the sun.